Monday, March 6, 2017

Distress Oxide card

I was lucky enough to buy all 12 of the new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink pads and I have fallen in love with them. I love the softness of the colours and what's even better is that you can use them with the ordinary distress inks for matching tones of colours for a wonderful look on backgrounds etc.

I made this card after playing with them making some backgrounds on A6 pieces of card. After a pile of backgrounds I decided to die cut some to create wonderful colourful houses using Joanna Sheen's Signature dies - Town house dies 
I wanted to make a card with the feel of Amsterdam and give it to my daughter and her husband who celebrated their first wedding anniversary recently.  I used the distress oxide for the houses, river and leaves.  The various brickwork papers are from a lovely paper pad from Joanna Sheen Vol 2.   
I die cut the houses from the backgrounds and from white card. I cut out the windows to layer over the coloured houses for a neat window frame look.
I had to add lights to the card because the narrow boats and along the river bank are usually lit up at night.. so I cut small holes in the picture once I'd finished where the lights would be (artistic license Lol) and added lights behind - I used tiny micro LED's on copper wire with tiny battery cases. 
Here is the card:
First with the lights off


  ..and then the lights switched on!

 

My Daughter and Son-in-Law really loved the card and said that it totally reminded them of both their honeymoon and their short break in Amsterdam.. so Job done well :)

Thanks for visiting today.. come back soon to see more Distress Oxide creations! ..and more sample cards I have made for Joanna Sheen.

1 comment:

  1. Love this card. You have persuaded me to the oxide inks, was wondering if I needed them LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails